Velath Engineering is wholly committed to the prevention of all incidents, injuries and occupational illnesses to its employees, contractors and members of the public. Velath is equally committed to the prevention of pollution, protection of the environment, conservation of our natural resources and to the promulgation of sustainable development.
Dedicated Safety Engineers and Officers are continuously engaged to assure safety environment in the company premises and work site. Workers are provided with safety induction programs, as well as weekly safety meetings, to ensure updated and continuous growth of safety awareness. All safety related programs and actions are well documented, and are maintained for investigation and proper action plans.
The Velath Safety Vision
- To achieve a workplace that is safe, where no one gets injured, and where the environment is preserved.
- Velath instills the highest standards in its employees through continual training on processes and procedures, safety reporting, regular management inspections and the publishing of safety statistics. The Velath HSE Management System is in compliance with ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007.
Velath will always endeavour to:
- Prevent all injuries at the workplace.
- Provide a safe and healthy workplace for its employees.
- Actively engage in preventing damage to the environment.
- Establish safe and environmentally-sound working practices.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory obligations and client requirements, concerning health, safety and the environment.
- Provide safe facilities, equipment and materials to work with.
- Provide training for all employees to enable them to work safely and avoid injury to themselves, others or the environment.
- Provide and maintain procedures for dealing with emergencies in the workplace.
- Develop and maintain a high degree of safety and environmental awareness at all levels of employees.
- Provide competent advice and support to all employees in order to help them achieve the high standards of performance.
- Provide necessary funding and top-level support for all health and safety matters